Dental Bridges in Metuchen, NJ
If you have a missing tooth or are missing multiple teeth, dental bridges are one way to replace them. A dental bridge is made of two dental crowns that go over the teeth on either side of the gap, with a false tooth in between. The dental crowns act as abutment teeth and are attached to the false tooth, and the dental bridge is then cemented into place.
How does a dental bridge work?
A dental bridge is usually made of porcelain or ceramic and is supported by dental implants or natural teeth.
A dental bridge is an ideal solution for people who are missing one or more teeth, and it can restore your smile and your ability to chew and speak properly.
Types of Bridges
Traditional Dental Bridge
This type of bridge is made of ceramic or porcelain fused to metal. It is supported by dental crowns, or abutment teeth, on either side of the bridge.
This type of bridge is supported by a dental crown on only one side.
Maryland Dental Bridge
Also known as a resin-bonded bridge, this bridge is made of plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal framework.
This type of dental bridge is supported by a dental implant placed on either side of the bridge to act as the abutment tooth. It is the strongest and most durable type of permanent bridge.
What are the benefits of a dental bridge?
There are many benefits of dental bridges, including:
- restoring your smile
- restoring your ability to chew and speak properly
- preventing your remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- improving your dental hygiene
Am I a good candidate for a bridge?
If you are considering a bridge, you should consult our dental professionals to see if you are a good fit for the procedure.
Some factors that may affect your candidacy for a bridge include the following:
- The health of your surrounding teeth: For dental bridges to be successful, the supporting teeth must be healthy. If the existing teeth are not healthy or suffering from tooth decay, they may need to be treated before dental bridges can be placed.
- The size of the gap: The gap may be too large to support a dental bridge in some cases.
- The location of the gap: Dental bridges are commonly used to replace teeth in the front of the mouth. However, they can sometimes also be used to replace teeth in the back of the mouth.
What should I expect during a dental bridge procedure?
Placing a bridge usually takes two dental visits. Our dentist will prepare your teeth during the first visit and place the dental implants or support crowns. An impression will be made of your teeth, and the bridge will be made in a dental laboratory. While waiting for your custom bridge, a temporary bridge may be placed.
At your second visit, our dentist will place the bridge in your mouth and make any adjustments necessary. Once the bridge is in place, you can eat and speak normally.
When you receive your dental bridge, you can expect:
- to have a beautiful, new smile
- to be able to chew and speak properly
- to have improved dental hygiene
- to feel confident about your smile
How much does a dental bridge cost?
The cost of your dental bridge will vary depending on several factors, including the type of bridge and the materials used. An implant-supported bridge will be the most expensive, but it can last a lifetime with proper care. Dental bridges are cost-effective for replacing missing teeth and restoring your smile.
Dental bridges are an investment in your oral health and your smile!
Replace Your Missing Teeth at Metuchen Dental Group
If you want to restore your oral health with a dental bridge, contact one of our offices in New Jersey today. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you have and help you decide if this is the best treatment option for you. Bridges can help restore both the function and the appearance of your smile, so do not wait any longer.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation for replacing missing teeth.