Invisalign vs. Braces
If you need orthodontic treatment, you’re probably wondering, “What’s the difference between Invisalign treatment and braces?” And, which one is right for you? It depends on your unique smile goals, budget, and lifestyle.
What is the best treatment to straighten teeth?The best way to find out is to schedule a consultation with our professional team. During your consultation, the doctor will evaluate your smile and help you decide which treatment option is best for you. These are a few benefits of each treatment:
Benefits of Invisalign
- More discreet: There are no metal brackets or wires, so your treatment will be virtually undetectable.
- Comfort: Since there are no metal brackets or wires, you won’t have to worry about them irritating your gums or mouth.
- Easy to clean: You can simply remove the trays when you eat or brush your teeth, making it easier to maintain good oral health and avoid tooth decay.
- Removable: Take out your trays when you eat, which means no “banned” foods like popcorn or caramel that can cause problems with braces.
- Convenience: There are fewer visits required to our dental office for adjustments.
- Faster Results: Braces can take up to a year or more for treatment, while Invisalign usually only takes 6-12 months, depending on the severity of your misalignment.
Benefits of Braces
- Fixed in place: With Invisalign, the patient must be responsible enough consistently wear their aligners 22 hours a day. Braces never come off, so they can not be forgotten or misplaced.
- Treatment for more severe cases: Invisalign may not be suitable for patients with severe misalignment or bite issues.
The bottom line is that braces and Invisalign are great options for straightening teeth. However, the best way to determine which treatment is right for you is to schedule a consultation with our team. We’ll be happy to help you choose the best treatment plan for your smile goals, budget, and lifestyle.
Types of Braces
Traditional braces, also known as metal braces, are the most common. They are made from high-strength stainless steel and are very durable.
These braces are made from clear or tooth-colored ceramic, making them much less noticeable than metal braces. In addition, they are usually smaller and less bulky than metal braces, making them more comfortable to wear. However, they are a bit more delicate and expensive than traditional metal braces.
Orthodontic Treatment FAQs
Contact Us for Orthodontic Treatment
If you’re interested in Invisalign or braces, we invite you to contact our office to schedule a consultation. Our team will be happy to answer any questions and help you choose the best treatment option for your smile goals.